Wiki - WhatYouShouldNotMiss
See the Vienna page for more things to see, but these come highly recommended from a tourist ;)
- Donauturm - Well worth a trip in the revolving restaurant, and the food is great. Need to book if you want an evening meal, but just turn up during the day. Observation platform is below the restaurant.
- Gasometer - Converted gas storage tanks. Now includes student accommodation and a shopping mall.
- Schloss Schönbrunn - Schönbrunn Palace and the fantastic gardens. Included in the gardens are the Desert House, Botanical Gardens and the Vienna Zoo. On the hill you can also visit The Gloriette
- The Museums - Vienna is blessed with several museums and art galleries. Just taking a walk outside around them is breath taking.
- Ruprechtskirche - The oldest standing church in Vienna.
- Riesenrad - The Ferris Wheel made famous via Orson Wells in The Third Man, and also featured in the James Bond film The Living Daylights. Part of the Prater amusement park.
- Energy - The waste incineration chimney. Right next to the venue in Spittlau, so not hard to miss :)
- Spanish Riding School They have two different shows the weekend after YAPC, Saturday at 2pm and Sunday at 11am.
- Kunst Haus Wien I wish I lived in a building like this.
- Post Office Savings Bank, by Otto Wagner. Unbelievably, this building is nearly a century old, and yet retains a stunning modern feel. Makes you realise that much architecture from the mid-20th century onwards is pretty much garbage. Closes at 3pm daily.
Last modified: 25/07/07 16:08 by David Landgren
| Edit this page
| Recent changes |
Copyright © 2003-2007 Verein 'Vienna.pm - Verein zur Förderung der Programmiersprache Perl'.
To contact the organisers send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org