Finding Perl's place in the world
By Richard Dice from Toronto.pm
Date: Tuesday, 28 August 2007 17:10
Duration: 40 minutes
Target audience: Any
Who chooses Perl? Why do they choose Perl?
Who doesn't? Why don't they?
In our position as being the core community that creates Perl we have a unique perspective into what Perl is and what its strengths are. But we're just a small piece of a much larger IT universe, a universe that has both technology and business components to its decision-making processes.
* Looks outside of the Perl community to try to understand what motivations power the larger IT world
* Studies the Perl community and Perl technology to understand what Perl's place in that larger IT world might be
In this talk you will find:
* Case studies
* Data analysis from a variety of sources
* Theories of organizational behaviour
* Theories on the evolution of technologies within marketplaces, and the evolution of marketplaces through technologies
* Insights into where The Perl Foundation fits into this concept of Perl's positioning
Copyright © 2003-2007 Verein 'Vienna.pm - Verein zur Förderung der Programmiersprache Perl'.
To contact the organisers send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org