CoSAIR.org - Making of a Game AI Programming Platform
You can find more information on the speaker's site:
CoSAIR.org provides a central, open, internet-based Game AI development platform for teaching and research.
The system provides a game engine, a bot API and coding support. Users can upload their code and immediately test it and compare it to competitors. The fact that code from multiple people runs on a central machine and interacts with each other leads to a series of challenges and possibilities that are adressed in this talk:
- how to secure the system against malicious code using Safe.pm
- how to rudimentarily test and debug your code on a remote machine?
- how to provide controlled access to databases, game data files and external AI modules?
- how to handle large statistical evaluations in the background?
- how to allow usage and sharing of foreign code?
- ideas how to enable different programming languages to be used with Inline.pm?
These aspects of social coding communities are relatively new and we do not provide complete solutions for each of them, but also have some problems left open.